Heather EddyPresident & CEO
“Having the right leadership team is essential for your organization’s success. We help you find key leadership or realign current leadership for maximum success.”
Heather brings over 20 years of nonprofit experience and is increasingly contributing knowledge to the sector on Leadership Transformation (especially long-term/15+ year transitions), Strategic Philanthropy, Executive Succession, Building Cohesive Leadership Teams and Engagement of Boards and Governing Bodies. She has spent the last 12 years helping organizations build teams, strengthen executive and philanthropy programs, find leadership, and transition to new eras of leadership, many with leaders retiring after 10+ years. Previously she served as COO, managing national and local C-level searches, and provided Management Leadership at The Alford Group for 10 of her 17 years at the firm, including in the role of Chief Marketing Officer. Additionally, she founded KEES and retained the division of Alford Executive Search in 2013 to help organizations build and grow their leadership through services such as HR consulting, executive coaching, and team building.
Education and Credentials:
- Bachelor degree from Purdue University
- Master degree from Purdue University
- Certificate of Fund Raising Management (CFRM) from the Indiana University Lilly School of Philanthropy
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Member of the Review Panel for the annual Alford-Axelson Award for Nonprofit Managerial Excellence since inception (13 years).
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) for 15 years.
- Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and Southwest Suburban Philanthropic Network (SWSPN).
- Member of Phi Beta Chi National Sorority.
- Community Volunteer: Feed The Need Naperville, Feed My Starving Children, Girl Scout Troop, PTA Committee Chair.
- Leadership Illinois, class of 2007.
- Regular speaker and panelist on issues of Transition and Succession Planning, Human Resources, and Strategic Employee Recruitment at LeadingAge (state and national) Conferences, The Alliance (national and Senior Leadership) and various other groups.
- Co-founded two not-for-profit organizations, the American Spinal Research Organization and the Rose of Sharon Educational Foundation.
See More Team Members »